The Office of Sustainability to looking to hire a GA for the spring 2014
term. Please see the below solicitation for more information; the position
is also posted online at:
uic.edu/2014/01/position- available-graduate-assistant. html
The Office of Sustainability is piloting a structured internship that will
place students in various campus units to assist in advancing the campus’
sustainability goals. We are seeking a Graduate Assistant to:
· Provide organizational support for the internship program;
· Create website content for the program;
· Develop campus partnerships for internship placement;
· Assist in curriculum development for the interns;
· Assist in recruitment of interns.
The preferred candidate will:
· Have an undergraduate degree in sustainability, an environmental
field, or cultural anthropology;
· Be proficient in computer applications (Word, Excel, etc);
· Have excellent organizational and communication skills, both
written and verbal;
· Be available to work during Spring 2014.
Additional experience as an instructor or teaching assistant, preferably in
the area of sustainability studies, public health, or environmental studies
is desirable. This position is a 25% graduate assistantship (10 hrs/week).
For full consideration, please submit a letter of interest and resume to
Joe Iosbaker at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Graduate Assistant” by
January 28, 2014. Only electronic applications will be accepted.