What is the minimum stipend?
The minimum stipend for a 50% FTE, 9 month appointment is as follows:
- Fall ’15 to Summer ’16 the minimum stipend is $16, 765.
- Fall ’16 to Summer ’17 the minimum stipend is $17, 465.
- Fall ’17 to Summer ’18 the minimum stipend is $18, 065.
Is there an increase in the stipend for those paid above the minimum?
The percent increase for continuing assistants is the Campus Wage increase. That is determined by the Provost yearly.
Which fees are waived?
The following fees are waived for TAs and GAs:
- Service Fee
- Health Service Fee
- Academic Facilities and Maintenance Assessment
- Library and IT Assessment
Will all my tuition be waived?
Yes. The GEO negotiated full tuition waivers for all assistants covered by this contract.
Do I still have to pay a tuition differential (TD)?
Unfortunately TDs are not waived by the current contract. The contract does have language which requires the university to more clearly disclose fees to students and to meet with representatives from GEO to discuss TDs and reduce any agreements in a legally binding written document.